I am very very very new to this blogging thing so imagine my surprise and delight when blogger Rika Ashton nominates me for the award. I’m just grateful I have readers and appreciate every one who takes the time to read my blog. Bear with me though, I’m learning .
So basically The Liebster Award for Blogging is the award given to new note-worthy bloggers with 200 or less followers. Firstly,let me say I am sooooo flattered to be even considered note-worthy. I’d like to think that this is only the beginning of my “noteworthy” blogging, but you guys know I’m too optimistic for my own good. Anyway, dolls, let’s get started:
As a winner I must :
- List 11 random facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions by the blogger that nominated me
- Nominate 11 other blogs for the award and link to them
- Notify the bloggers that they are awesome and have won a shiny pink blogging logo
- If they want to accept the award, ask them 11 questions to answer
Eleven Random Facts:
- McKenna is a sassy alter ego of a shy, quiet aspiring writer (me).
- I get a little jealous of great writers.
- My little dachshund’s name is Coco-Diva…because she’s a chocolate-y little tour de force.
- I think I would make a great cult leader but don’t have the desire to do so.
- I’m partial to fifties fashion styles and neo-soul music.
- I LOVE musical theater!
- I’ve watched every episode of Law & Order: SVU.
- I have more hobbies than the law should be allowed.
- I remember a lot of my dreams.
- I’m fluent in French
- The characters I write about are just caricatures of the people I know.
What made you create a blog?
I created this blog as an outlet for my thoughts, opinions, and creativity I’m otherwise too shy to display to the people around me.
What mythical creature would you want as a pet?
Fairies! Just like Tinkerbell! Not to say I like them in an adolescent girly sort of way but because they make all the pretty stuff nature has to offer. Also, access to mounds and mounds of fairy dust.
If you could meet any one in the world, who would you meet?
This is hard, out of people dead I’d choose Eartha Kitt! I love Eartha! Out of the living I’d choose Ang Lee, the director. He’s a visionary and a great storyteller.
What is your favourite book?
Another hard one, It is between Sarah Addison Allen’s Peach Keeper, Katie MacAllister’s A Girl’s Guide to Vampires, and Michelle Moran’s Nefertiti. The Peach Keeper has a touch of magic that puts you face to face with reality. A Girl’s Guide to Vampires is a witty, funny and steamy romance/mystery. Nefertiti is a Historical Fiction that takes you all the way back to ancien Eygpt during a revolution.
If you could invite three people (dead or alive) to a dinner party, who would you pick?
Eartha Kitt for her sass and intelligence, Samuel Jackson for his laid-back attitude, his awesomeness, and willingness to try anything, lastly, Raven Symone for her fun fearlessness.
What is your favourite movie?
Another tough one!? Right now I’m in love with Cloud Atlas, a couple years ago it was Across the Universe but I can always watch Cinderella with Brandy and Whitney Houston.
If your friends had to define you in a single sentence, what would they say?
They would say, “Kenny, she’s a hedonist with a passion like fire and a tongue like razors bur a heart like a teddy bear.” Lol, none of my friends are that eloquent but it would be something like that.
I have trouble choosing but I love Sarah Addison Allen’s story weaving but obssessed with Katie MacAllister’s voice.
What is your favourite song right now?
Like This – Kelly Rowland ft. Eve, Its an older song but it makes me dance. I feel like a flirty vixen when I listen to it
Are you a summer or winter person?
I’m a winter person. Because I live in Florida there’s too much pressure to be “on the scene” for summer. During winter its about cuddling, enjoying the cool breeze, meeting snow birds from up north and how short can you wear your dress without being cold, its fun.
If you could travel to any city in the world, where would you go?
Venice! No hesitation! I love the idea of a gondola ride the art the sexy Italian men and shopping. I’m hoping for an Italian fling with a man who doesnt speak english…can you imagine?
- Compass Prose
- Boudica Books: Life as a Woman in Fiction and Reality
- Barbara Ann Wright: I Write Women
- Clarity Captured
- Rantings of a Closet Vamp Princess
- A Tiny Speck
- Why Mondays Are Cool
- Unlock Oneself
- The Discount Jockeys
- Paul Malone
- What Color represents you and why?
- If you won 7.8 million dollars what is the first three things you’d do with it?
- Living or dead, who would you invite to a dinner party?
- If you could choose any other career what would it be?
- Why’d you start blogging?
- What are your goals for your blog?
- What’s your anthem song?
- Name one thing on your bucket list and why?
- Where would you vacation if money was no issue?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Three words that describes you.
Check out my nominees, I personally follow them and think they’re blogs are the bees knees. Thanks to Rita for choosing me and all my dolls for reading.